As I wrote earlier, we need patience in prayer because God's answers often require time. However, there are situations (such as if your prayers seem long overdue) when it is a good idea to double check the integrity of what your have been seeking. Here are a few questions worth considering.
• Does my request line up with Bible principles?
• Does it line up with my assignment, with what God has told me to do?
• Is my request premature? Am I getting ahead of God's time table?
• Am I allowing God to grant my prayer in His perfect way or am I setting hard, fast, and self-determined stipulations?
• Am I ignoring the "still small voice" of the Holy Spirit? Has God already given me an answer that I haven't wanted to accept?
• Have I neglected to carry out previous instructions or contingencies from the Lord?
God is never opposed to us verifying what is true and good, prayers included.
Post a Comment